Tuesday, September 06, 2005

GOOGLE NEWS - IT HAS ITS DRAWBACKS

_____________________________________
I previously posted about how I enjoy using the Google News feature. It does, however, have shortcomings (see, for example, here, here and here).

To these I add my own recent experience. Earlier today I was googling news items relating to the LDS Church. Check out the first "news" result:



If you can't make out the image, it says "Was President Bush Behind Katrina? Salt Lake City Deluge Coming ..." The link goes to GreaterThings.com, run for an outfit called "Church of the Firstborn," apparently a group claiming some sort of relationship to Mormonism (though clearly not to the LDS Church per se).

Perusing this site and its "sister sites" is not much fun. In any event, be sure that you take search results from Google News with a grain of salt.